It was only a couple of days ago that Ubisoft decided to surprise Ghost Recon: Wildlands‘ fan base with a teaser announcement for a Predator crossover event coming to the tactical team-based shooter in the update Jungle Storm. With the free update available starting today, the video game publisher and developer has decided to publish its patch notes in full, showing the inclusion of new classes, maps, and of course, the Predator challenge event.
One of the initial additions to be found in Ghost Recon: Wildlands‘ Jungle Storm update are two new classes for Ghost War–Pathfinder and Predator. As Ubisoft has previously explained, Pathfinder is a Marksman class for those Ghosts who wish to take a stealthy approach, as the class is equipped with a crossbow and is “unmarkable by drones.” When it comes to Predator, fans should expect the class to resemble Arnold Schwarzenegger’s character Dutch from the first Predator movie, as the soldier will be a “reliable and versatile frontline fighter.”
As far as the maps in Ghost Recon: Wildlands‘ Jungle Storm update are concerned, a pair of new areas for the Elimination and Uplink game modes have been added, with the former mode getting Ruins and Jungle Base, while the latter receives Scrapyard and Urban Incursion. Not to mention, ranked play has been added as well, and it can be unlocked at level 15, with players then being able to climb the ranks from Bronze to Elite.
Ghost Recon: Wildlands‘ Jungle Storm update also has plenty more Predator-themed content, including the limited-time event that lets players to hunt the Predator. According to Ubisoft, the battle with the Yautja warrior is going to be “the most difficult fight of all” in the entire game, and it’s going to be playable solo or co-op with a team of up to four members. Should one actually manage to defeat the extraterrestrial hunter, they will earn a variety of exclusive items and rewards–most notably, the Predator mask that allows for thermal vision.
Taking into account all of the aforementioned assets in Ghost Recon: Wildlands‘ Jungle Storm update, it’s no wonder why the patch weighs in at a hefty 13 GB on Uplay. Interestingly enough, though, its size is much smaller on Steam at 4 GB, while the update can be as big as 13 GB on PS4 and Xbox One depending on the version. At any rate, there’s a lot of refinements and materials to be found within Jungle Storm, and fans can get a much closer look at them in the full patch notes below.
– Added Ranked mode play, unlocked at level 15 ,
– Added 3 preset slots for character customization
– Added Costumes option to character customization
– Added Player Stats page
– Added 5 class packs – Tech, Sentinel Medic, Assassin, Enforcer
– Uplink: Decreased the Access Point activation timer to 150 seconds
– Elimination: Recon tower now marks players longer (45 seconds)
– Added mines back to Sniper’s class loadout
– Added a new Marksman class, the Pathfinder: equipped with a crossbow, his light step does not trigger mines and he cannot be marked by drones or Satcom trackers. This class will be exclusive to Ghost War Pass holders for 1 week.
– Added a new Assault class Predator: enters Battle Rage for a short amount of time, gaining increased health and regeneration, suppression immunity and faster revives. This class will be exclusive to Ghost War Pass holders for 1 week.
– Redesigned Tech class to increase its effectiveness: deployed jammer now destroys launched drones and prevents further deployment for 15 seconds across all the map
– Added bonus damage versus drones for all Sniper class primary weapons
– Increased Sentinel’s Satcom tracker cooldown to 60 seconds (was 40)
– Reverted Enforcer Mk48 magazine size to 200 bullets
– New maps added for Elimination game mode: Ruins, Jungle Base
– New maps added for Uplink game mode: Scrapyard, Urban Incursion
– Farm Town: complete rebalance of the map, changing the bounds, spawn points and fixing an exploit
– Dust Town: rebuilt the bounds of the map to ensure no desertion occurs while still safely away from the boundary
– Mountain Village: removed access to the cliff face south of the town
– Sub Factory: patched up a hole in the world
– Warehouse: the map was slightly reworked and some navigation issues were fixed
– Burnt-Out: fixed several navigation issues
– New weapons added from the Fallen Ghosts expansion for the Assassin, Tank, Sentinel, and Scout.
– Added scope options to Diversionist’s M4A1
– Reduced all pistols damage by 15%
– Reduced all weapons penetration values (except for Sniper’s primary weapons)
– Increased the damage of the Assassin’s Vector by 10%
– Increased the ammo capacity of the Assassin’s Vector by an extra mag
– Decreased the recoil of the Scout’s MP7 by 17%
– Buffed all Support classes SMGs damage by 10%
– Reverted Enforcer Mk48 magazine size to 200 rounds
– Changed C4 to behave more like a trap than a high powered grenade: reduced throw range to half and can now be only be detonated when placed
– Improvements to Quit penalty system: We reworked the penalty system to make it clearer and more transparent. The system is more lenient in Quickplay than it is in Ranked.
– Weapon stats added in Gunsmith page
– Melee takedowns now awards double the XP of a normal takedown (100)
– Recon tower now marks players longer (45 seconds)
– Auto-mark toggle should no longer affect binoculars and drone marking which are always on
– Improved map/mode rotation in Quickplay and Ranked playlists ,
– Reduced night time setting occurrence in playlists
– Dusk start time setting increased by one hour and dawn setting reduced by one hour to allow more daytime play until transition
– Improved ping placement and added out of screen feedback
– Decreased the Loadout selection timer to 30 seconds
– Removed ability to customize character between rounds to speed up class selection and ready process; only preset selection made possible
– Added new Bowman announcements for win and loss round objectives
– Players assisting teammates with kills will receive assist bonus XP
– Further tweaks to the endgame cinematics to reduce transition time to the next round
– Added ability to start a Custom Game with one player
– Downed teammate bodies should no longer block access
– Added server enforced HUD settings in Custom Game
– Inverted the Challenge of Factions pages in-game
– HUD settings should no longer reset on each update
– Fixed an issue here the night vision mode would not be kept when returning from drone
– Fixed an issue where aim assist was reset when selecting a new class
– Fixed an issue in the HUD where a “new” notifications was appearing on the STD Grenade after every reboot
– There’s a new threat facing Bolivia. The Predator has come in search of new trophies. Take on this newest Legend and reap the rewards. If you want to know more, you can watch the replay of the special livestream we had on this event.
– New helicopter controls should now hide with the rest of the HUD when toggling off the HUD
– Fixed players being able to see the chat from a player they have blocked
– Fixed Tacmap tabs disappearing upon accessing the store and returning to the Tacmap from the in-game menu
– Added missing information about what bonuses have unlocked after booster activation
– Fixed the bug causing the game language to reset to English when entering the Ghost War menu, regardless of what the localization was set when entering the main game.
– Fixed an issue with the “New” notification appearing on the STD Grenade Launcher after every reboot
Ghost Recon: Wildlands is available now for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
An official website has opened for an anime adaptation of Iya na Kao Sarenagara Opantsu Misete Moraitai doujin series on Friday. The anime is slated to debut in 2018. Drawn by&nb...
The official website for upcoming anime adaptation "Killing Bites" an adaptation from the beast-battle manga series written by Shinya Murata and illustrated by Kazasa Sumita about...
Early today Shizue Kaneko's twitter account was flooded with ash pictures. As she reveals a collaboration between Wit Studios and OLM on a new Pokemon Movie is on the works. Of course is not...
The official twitter for upcoming anime series based on the popular award wining light novel series Violet Evergarden has revealed broadcast information and more details for the upcoming ani...
An official website has launched and announced that the Jashin-chan Dropkick (Dropkick on My Devil!!) a web manga series by Yukiwo will get a TV anime The anime is slated for Sum...
Today marks the end of another season and we wanna share with you guys the amazing wrap of the fall season with titles we feel cautivated our emotions and reflect on some of our actions as well as ope...
In a strange turn of events, PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds is under fire from gamers online due to its new changes to the female character model. A rather unnecessary addition has been made to the...
The official Twitter account of The Seven Heavenly Virtues (Nanatsu no Bitoku) anime series, based on Hobby Japan's multimedia project by the same name, has revealed cast members. The anime will p...
Light sabers aren't just for westerns as manga illustrator Kōhei Horikoshi the illustrator behind fan favorite manga series My Hero Academia, privelage enough to be the "chosen one&...